24 August 2015

Reaching OUT - insomnia

Awake

insomnia

my brain won't stop

Everything is alive and I will myself to keep going, to push through the exhaustion, the fears and ideas of others. Blocking out the voices so I can listen to myself think. My inner voice has been weak, so weak I stopped listening to it for a while and that is when I became lost. I fell off my path and struggled to find it again, being lost is hard, being lost and aware you should be in control is terrifying. My heart is racing and I can't feel the air I am breathing. Stop, listen and breath deep.

Lying flat on my back, I drift into a dream like state aware of my surrounding. A sense of PEACE filling every part of my body and mind as I drift freely in my own existence. A beacon of light and power glowing on the distant horizon. Allowing my mind to slowly fade away into sleep.

I dream about everything and nothing. I have memories and blank canvas'. Thoughts racing... I focus on the sound of the birds and calm my thinking. Soaring through the dawn sky free in open space, feeling the wind cleansing a troubled spirit clearing a cluttered mind, waking to a better reality. Empowered by connections with nature, stepping in and out of urban chaos. Finding balance and a place to live without ties, freedom to live.

Jealousy and outrage, torment and conflict, emotional bursts all driven and made more powerful by exhaustion, pressure, low blood sugar levels. Overcoming one's own self is one of the most challenging and rewarding life paths to take. Rushing forward, taking steps back keeping your head above water 

Mind stops racing and begins to wander, contemplate, visualising.

The path ahead blossoms with colour, life, the trees more defined, the sea as a body of mystery and the mediative chime of birds as a reminder to remain centred. Free but in control, living in the moment with a clear way forward. Moulding the shape of my world. My design, my future, my happiness. The stronger we build ourselves by fine tuning our engines, the greater a contribution we can make to society and the world around us. 

A better world starts from within your very own core.

Focus, dream, live.

REACHING OUT
3rd solo art exhibition by Arana Kennedy
September 5 and 6
12-5pm
on the little beach at the end of the market
dress code - day at the beach



Thank you to Hong Kong Noise for a very insightful feature. Follow this link to read more about #AranaART
Hong Kong Noise

No comments: