07 August 2015

Reaching OUT - Stepping OUT (3-11)

After my NEW PERSPECTIVE exhibition I thought to myself... I did it! I pulled off an art exhibition. Loads of hard work with each and every moment being a gifted reward. I felt my inner strength growing, the sense of accomplishment in doing something I created by myself and to my design, was incredible. I decided that the only way for me to move forward was to keep the momentum going. Picked a date 6 months later and labled it STEPPING OUT
7th March 2015

#AranaART Exhibition Stepping OUT
In January I realised I hadn't started planning far enough in advance, hadn't really found the dirrection I needed in my artwork... It is like wanting to get up and dance to a specific song, but I wasn't quite sure what song I wanted to play. Feeling overwhelmingly terrified of putting any of my artwork on display i decided that in its self was part of my challenge here. Could I logistically pull of a beach exhibition on my own? With zero budget, I had no choice, if I was going to continue to move forward... I had to find a way.

Along the path of my artistic journey through these past months I have also focused my attentions towards my physical and mental health. Having a clear and healthy mind opens up the connections and magic of the universe. I remember clearly going to bed one night, fully content with the world and myself. As I drifted off to sleep I entered a truly amazing dream of vivid colour no story, just a collective flash of imagies and feelings. Waking up with the sun rising and the birds awakening in song... I started to draw and capture this feeling I experienced.

Inspired by a dream I called this drawing
The Dream
by Arana Kennedy
original ink drawing A4 size

Stepping OUT - ink artwork
 With March 7th fast approaching I decided to create a canvas. In my mind this painting didn't quite cut it ;) There was something missing but I couldn't quite put my finger on what... Reflecting now, i can see it's obvious, the detail... 

Stepping OUT - painting
Stepping OUT was a huge success in my mind, as more friends joined and I realised I was starting to spark some genuine interest. I felt I had reached my 'beginning stage' the part where I could see this journey a little more clearly. I was learning and evolving my style.

Following my art exhibition on the beach, I took some selected pieces to a gallery on Hollywood Road. This was like being in a totally new world! In this world of 'art lovers' 'art patrons' I realised my value... Learning that I was not alone in my passion. Having spent most of my life in 'rain stream' living, I hadn't yet connected with my true self. This fabulous oppertunity opened my eye's to a whole new life of adventure and creativity.

And for the first time I started to breath deep

Next blog update
Monday 10th August

'RAIN STREAM' - a totally made up thing meaning following the flow.... ;)


No comments: