10 August 2015

Reaching OUT - work in progress (4-11)

Reaching OUT
Solo ART exhibition
by Arana Kennedy
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th
September 2015

Design & Photo by Arana Kennedy

THE PLAN SO FAR...

Details were missing,
Blown away in the last typhoon,
Waiting for the storm to settle,
New ideas are born.

Creating something from nothing
is a challenge I intend to do
With passion and thoughts abundance
It grew into a creative NEW...

I am lucky to live in a super relaxed beach town just 30 mins away from the center of Hong Kong's CBD. I have 5 beaches to choose from that are all no more than 5 mins walk away. and all you can hear from 6am to 10am are birds...

On the weekend of September 5th & 6th pop down to Stanley between 12-5pm to see my new art project I have been working on. My art exhibitions are a growing work of art in themselves and I certainly hope this one will provide more than previous ones. With a background in Hospitality I enjoy organising events, so I'd like this exhibition REACHING OUT to have an event like feel to it. I'm building momentum and will gratefully welcome all visitors to my exhibition. 

ART WALK
Photo by Arana Kennedy

I will do an 'art walk' at 12,1,2,3,4pm on both Saturday which will be a bit of a description and insight to the work I am presenting. This will involve removing shoes and breathing in the (hopefully) fresh clean sea air :) and finish with a refreshing paddle in the sea.

On Saturday & Sunday from 12.30 to 3.30pm there will be sand castle building, shell and sea glass collecting. Make sure you wear your sun screen/lotion, hat & sunglasses a MUST! Throw in swimsuit and sarong/towel, you can take a cooling dip in the sea.

SUNSET SURPRISE
5-7pm winding down the day with sunset drinks on the beach. more details to follow as this plan evolves. Face painting will hopefully be available too!

Location is the little beach at the end of Stanley Market.
Take a bus to Stanley Market/Village bus stop.
Walk to the end of Stanley Market (away from  Stanley Plaza)
Where there will be signs put up dirrecting you to the beach, just around that corner :)

Photo by Faisal Bukhari
This is how my last exhibition looked, I'm expecting a much more summer feel to this one. 

The art work is in progress and if you look on my instagram @AranaART I put regular updates of things I'm working on. Also my FaceBook page Arana ART also has updates of links to my blog, ETSY, online purchase of my artwork and daily updates of my outdoor office.

Next blog up date Friday 14th August

REACHING OUT - A state of mind

No comments: