29 December 2015

Down at the pawn shop! - Within Without 2016

Was looking for a different link but found this cool musician - enjoy!

Wo Fung Pawn Shop
Causeway Bay

3am and I'm sat outside a pawn shop wondering what I'm doing with my life! The only things I own of value can't be pawned ;) There's no price tag for sentimental value.  Lately I have been faced with rather daunting money flow issues and somehow this has just managed to take over my life and on bad days I allow it to control me. I guess that's how some would perceive it anyway. In truth, I've learnt so much from 'ground zero income' its been one of the most valuable experiences I have faced. I just somehow feel I look at the world and appreciate it. 

Things are not always how they appear on the surface. Yes, I was sat outside a Pawn shop at 3am wondering about my life but I was also waiting for a bus :) But the whole moment was rather odd... I found myself waiting at a bus stop with 7 other individuals. These individuals were busy on their mobile phones and wearing head phones and made not one attempt to look up and acknowledge any other human presence!? I watched them all and felt sadness for them. I rocked up in Thailand on my own one holiday and meet a bunch of individuals and I had an amazing 2 week trip, forming life long friendships with random people from around the world. Imagine if I'd been wearing headphones and playing on my phone. A truly valuable and life changing experience would have been missed and my holiday might have ended up totally sucking! Instead it made me stronger and more confident. 

The mini bus pulled up and took us all from CWB to Stanley in 13 mins! No speeding involved! Just simply no traffic :) 

Talk to strangers, smile at everyone and always say good morning. It will enrich your life and those around you because people do value human contact more, some just don't realise and need reminding ;) Maybe I did get something of value from my walk past the pawn shop, perspective!

:)

www.AranaArtNdesign.com
contact Arana info@AranaART.com
or follow on instagram ;)

Thank you for reading

No comments: