14 August 2015

Reaching OUT - a state of mind (5--11)

A state of mind

over the years friends and family have tried to encourage me to painting on the side, after hours... but who has the time or energy after returning home almost 12 hours after you left for work that morning, struggling with a gluten allergy after that 12 hours I needed to prepare all my food. I felt on some level this was interperated to mean laziness. If I really wanted it, I would find a way and just do it.

Standing Strong
20x20cm canvas artwork by Arana Kennedy
I decided, for me, the only way to really do this was to throw myself into art and creativity on a daily basis. Hind sight has taught me one thing, i was right in thinking that. When painting, I discovered that being in a zen like meditative state is the most effective way to channel creativity and maintain a calm and peaceful centre of balance. I go on 'painting binges' I find its a bit like sport, I guess in that you need to stretch and warm up. Same with anything you do in life. It's just a very different choice I have made. I wish to connect to the world in my own creative way. Sharing light and love and having time for all the small and simple things that make life so much more rich.

Hong Kong vibrant city
40x40cm canvas by Arana Kennedy
Connecting with this rich new way of living stirred up life and imagination bringing vibrant colours into my artwork. Exploring acrylic blends of sharp striking colours on canvas' of all sizes. Not everyone has space of decretionary income for large artworks, so I hope to continue working on my 'mini canvas' collections too. 

I am woken daily by sunlight and birds churping... from 6am to 10am Stanley is particularly quiet, with no traffic sounds at all. It's a time of day I feel I can manage a lot of work, total tranquility helps the mind focus. The solitude feeling of mornings is the most powerful of the day. 

The more I connect with all things natural the more alive I feel inside. When I feel so alive, its like my senses are heightened I can feel things around me. Which is why at times I need solitude, I'm to easily effected by other peoples emotions so being alone means I can work at my own pace, my natural inner drum.

Currently as I type, I have this inner drum quietly starting up in the back ground, as I look over at my progress of my exhibition work. It speaks to me... The images dancing before my eyes, willing me to continue painting. Daring me to let go and just follow my instinct. This is a new developement in my evolving style. I'm feeling the direction pulling me to where I need to be. and right now, it's painting on the canvas :)

Next blog update
Monday 18th August!!!
YIKES! better get my paint on!

No comments: